Last Updated on August 11, 2020
Savvyeur LLC, an Illinois limited liability company, (the “Company”) respects the privacy concerns of the users of its website, www.savvyeur.com, and the services provided therein (the “Site”). The Company thus provides this privacy statement to explain what information is gathered during a visit to the Site and how such information may be used.
By using THE SITE, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described in this Privacy Statement. You can choose not to provide certain information. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PROVIDE SUCH INFORMATION, HOWEVER, you might not be able to USE OR take advantage of many of our Services.
Use of Information: As a general policy, no personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, or e-mail address, is automatically collected from your visit to the Site. However, other information is recorded by the standard operation of the Company’s internet servers. Information such as the type of browser being used, its operating system, and your IP address is gathered in order to enhance your online experience.
The Site’s various mailing lists, downloads, special offers, contests, registration forms, and surveys and any customer service inquiries may request that you give us contact information such as your name, mailing and/or e-mail address, demographic information such as your age and gender, and personal preference information such as your interests. Information submitted will be used by the Company only as necessary for our legitimate business interests, including without limitation to provide you with the Company’s services, to market to you, to provide customer support, to enforce our rights and for other legal purposes, and to improve our products, services, and the contents of the Site. The Company may also share such information with our third-party service providers to further those interests. Those service providers are restricted from sharing your information for any other purpose. Under no circumstance will the Company share your personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the Site or the Company’s services without your prior permission. The Company will not rent or sell its customer lists that include your personal information without your prior permission. With your permission, the Company may use your contact information to send you information about its business and services. You may always opt-out of receiving future mailings as provided below. The Company does not store any credit card information it may receive in regard to a specific transaction and/or billing arrangement except as necessary to complete and satisfy its rights and obligations with regard to such transaction, billing arrangement, and/or as otherwise authorized by a user.
The Company may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with the Company’s rights or property, other users of the Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
The Company may also be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
The Company may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with its partners and suppliers. The Company will take steps to ensure that this non-personal information does not identify you and will require any of its partners who has access to that non-personal information to do the same.
European Requirements Related to Information Processing: If European data protection law applies to the collection, processing and use of your information, our legal basis for processing your Personal Information is as follows:
- With Your Consent. Where you have consented to data processing, your consent provides the legal basis to process your personal information. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Please note that your withdrawal of consent to collect and process your personal information will not affect the lawfulness of processing your personal information based on your consent before you withdrew your consent.
- When Providing the Services. The Company will process your personal information to provide and support the services you have requested, including but not limited to services provided under our Terms of Service.
- When Pursuing Legitimate Interests. The Company may process your personal information for the Company’s legitimate interests and those of third parties provided that the Company applies appropriate safeguards to protect your privacy. For example, the Company may process your personal information for the purpose of:
- Offering and improving the Site and the Company’s services;
- Developing new products, services and features;
- Understanding how people use the Site;
- Performing research that improves the Site and the Company’s services for users;
- Sending you direct marketing and other communications from the Company;
- Detecting, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security or technical issues with the Site;
- Maintaining and improving the integrity of our computing systems and protecting users’ data security; and
- Enforcing legal claims, including the investigation of potential violations of applicable Terms of Service.
- When Complying with Legal Obligations. The Company will process and use your data when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if the Company is responding to a legal process.
Children Age 16 and Under: The Company’s services are not directed at children under the age of 16 and does not knowingly collect personal information from children. The Company also recognizes the special obligation to protect personally identifiable information obtained from children age 16 and under. AS SUCH, IF YOU ARE 16 YEARS OLD OR YOUNGER, THE COMPANY REQUESTS THAT YOU NOT SUBMIT ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO THE SITE OR TO THE COMPANY. If the Company discovers that a child age 16 or younger has signed up on the Site or provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete that child’s identifiable information from our records.
Savvyeur nonetheless encourages parents to go online with their kids. Here are a few tips to help make a child’s online experience safer:
- Teach kids never to give personal information, unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult. Includes name, address, phone, school, etc.
- Know the sites your kids are visiting, and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for website privacy policies. Know how your child’s information is treated.
- Check out the FTC’s site for more tips on protecting children’s privacy online
- Authentication. To keep you secure while you are logged in and to help ensure that (i) your password works, (ii) that you stay logged in when you move between pages on the Site, and (iii) the Site looks consistent during your visit.
- Analytics. To collect information about how you use the Site, such as which pages you visit and if you experience any errors. These cookies collect only aggregate information and the Company uses them to improve how the Site works, and measure how effective the Company’s content is.
- Marketing. To measure how you interact with the Company’s marketing communications to determine, among other things, how effective a marketing campaign is.
Malware/Spyware/Viruses: Neither the Company nor the Site knowingly permit the use of malware, spyware, viruses, and/or other similar types of software.
User Content: Users of the Site are solely responsible for the content of messages they post on the Company’s forums, such as chat rooms and bulletin boards. Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., user name, e-mail address, phone number) on the bulletin boards or in the chat areas, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other people. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features.
Choice/Opt-Out: The Site may provide you the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us at the point where we request information about you. You always have the option of removing your name from any e-mail list in order to discontinue any such future communications. In order to ensure immediate removal from any list, please follow the specific instructions set forth within the communications you receive from the Company which you no longer wish to receive. If you are unsuccessful in completing the instructions specified in any such communication, please e-mail us at email@example.com, including a copy of the undesired email attached to the request, and state you wish to be removed from the mailing list.
Transfer of Information Across National Borders: All information collected by the Site and/or when you use any of the Company’s services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States. If you are not located in the United States, such laws may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as those in your home country. Your personal information may also be transferred to and stored on secure servers managed by third parties contracted by the Company. By using the Site and providing the Company your personal information, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and processing of your personal information in, the United States, and the transfer, storage and processing of your personal information on such third-party servers.
Accessing, Editing and Deleting Your Personal Information
- You can access, edit or delete your personal information from these servers through the controls in your user account or by emailing the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Delete Account” in the subject line. Company customers can also request a copy of their personal information by emailing email@example.com.
- Additional Rights Applicable to Individuals in the European Economic Area.
- If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether the Company is processing personal information about you, request access to your personal information and ask that we correct, amend or delete your personal information. In addition, you may object to the Company’s processing of your personal information at any time, in which case the Company will cease such activity. You should understand that doing so may impact your use of the Site or the Company’s services.
- If European Economic Area law provides you the right to request access to, receive, object to or restrict processing of, seek rectification of, or request erasure of personal information held about you by the Company, you may do so by contacting the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy, the Company will endeavor to take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with your Supervisory Authority if you are unhappy with how we process your personal information. You can find contact information for your Supervisory Authority on the European Commission Data Protection Authorities webpage or through other publicly available sources.
Company does not track its customers over time and across third party websites and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track signals or requests.
Contact Information for Complaints or Concerns: If you have any complaints or concerns about the Company or about this privacy statement, please contact:
Via email: email@example.com
Security/How Your Personally Identifiable Information Is Protected: Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to attempt to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and improper use. We also protect your personally identifiable information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. We continually review all such measures and update them when appropriate. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while the Company strives to protect your personal information, the Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit via the internet. By transmitting any such information to the Company, you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk.
Copyright © 2020 Savvyeur, LLC. All rights reserved